Drops of Light Brightening Face Serum Review

Hey fellas,
Did you all celebrate Holi? 

I haven’t been a part of the celebrations for so many years now because Holi nowadays stands for skin damage and it has taken years of effort on my part to improve my skin. I now understand the importance of a skin care regime. I’ll share it with you guys soon but first let me review of one my favorite skin care product (hint: it’s a face serum) which helped me get better skin! It’s The Body Shop Drops of Light face serum (and yes, I’m obsessed with TBS). 

So, a few months back, sometime in June 2016, there was an online game of TBS and the top 3 weekly winners would win their just-launched then Drops of Light hamper. I had used a sample of the face moisturizer and was in love with it, so I dedicated a week from my not-so busy schedule and won the game and hence: the hamper!! It basically consisted of Drops of Light brightening serum, brightening day cream and brightening cleansing foam. I’ll first do a review of the serum and will soon do the reviews on the other two products as well.






Product Description:
A very lightweight serum that absorbs quickly into the skin, leaving it velvety soft and shine free. 
  •   Clinically proven to reduce the number and intensity of dark spots.
  •   Lightweight texture, that quickly absorbs into the skin.
  •   Leaves skin plumped with moisture.
  •   Instantly skin looks brighter and more luminous.
  •   With regular use, skin appears smoother, more healthy and translucent.

How to use:
Apply 2 to 3 drops onto the face and neck and gently massage into skin every morning and evening before applying a cream.



Price: ₹ 2450 (30 ml)

Where to buy:


Why to use Serums:
The molecules in serums are smaller than those in your regular moisturizer; thus they penetrate deeper into the skin and give better results. A moisturizer has larger molecules, and so it works only on the first layer.

My experience:
The entire range has a white bottle made of glass and a white cap. The serum comes with a dropper attached as a cap and it is easy to take out the desired amount required for the face. Take 2-3 drops in your palm and dot it on your face and rub it well on your face and neck. The liquid is transparent and of a flowy consistency. The entire bottle is enough to go a long way. I’ve been using it for 10 months now and I still have half the bottle left. The serum has a mild smell and it doesn’t hurt the nose. 




Now, coming to the texture. The texture of the serum is light; neither does it feel too heavy on the skin and nor too light. It perfectly conditions the skin while moisturizing it. Before using this product, I had sort of dry and sensitive skin but the serum has given my skin a plumper and fresher look. It has reduced pigmentation and made my skin softer. On normal days when the air isn’t dry, you can skip out on the moisturizer. I’ve tried that at a few times and it doesn’t make the skin feel dry. You can easily travel with it as the bottle isn't heavy.

I personally love the product and will surely buy it again.




Pros:
  •   The product is light weight and easy to use.
  •   Moisturizes and conditions the skin.
  •   Helps clarify skin and reduce fine spots.
Cons:
  •  Is expensive, but most serums are usually priced similarly.
FOTB Rating: 4.7/5, will definitely buy it again.

Share:

0 comments