It's a Pancake kinda day!

Yo peeps,

I’m an Instagram and Pinterest junkie, I love looking for new varieties of healthy recipes and then making them. These are your healthy version of unhealthy foods which is usually made by substituting unhealthy ingredients for healthy ones, for example, you can substitute whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour. So, here I’ll share a pancake recipe I used to create healthy pancakes. I have made them twice, both the times using a different recipe, then I figured out a perfect recipe combining the two.

I’ll share the ingredients first and their quantities and explain each ingredient individually. Now, this recipe creates 6 pancakes approximately.




Ingredients:
  • 1 1/3 cup whole grain oats:

 You can substitute half of this for whole wheat flour. Normally, recipes use all-purpose flour (maida) which is not good for health. There’ll be no distinct change in the taste due to the change in flour.
  • 1 tsp baking powder

Don’t use baking soda in place of baking powder. Those are two different ingredients and meant for two different purpose altogether.
  • 1/2 cup cottage cheese (paneer)

This at first was a very weird ingredient to me, as I thought what the use of cottage cheese in a pancake is. But, it provides a wonderful texture. The other recipe I used didn’t involve the usage of cottage cheese and this tasted way better.
  • 2 eggs
If you don’t use eggs, then use flax eggs or chia eggs. It’s made by combining one tablespoon of chia or flax seeds with three tablespoon of water. If you’re using chia seeds, try blending it first in a blender otherwise you’ll get the seeds separately in your mouth and it may be unpleasant.

  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • Cinnamon powder
  • 1 tbsp honey 
  • 2 Bananas, mashed

This was a personal choice, I love the flavor of bananas, and you can change the flavor by adding other fruits and things like cocoa powder.

Procedure:
  • Take the required amount of whole grain oats and blend it to a fine powdered texture in a blender. If you’re using whole wheat flour as well, then mix the two together and add baking soda to it.
  • In another blender add two eggs, vanilla extract, olive oil, cottage cheese, honey and blend. (I prepare cottage cheese at home from fresh milk as I can’t find good quality ones here. To prepare it, take 250 ml of milk and let it boil. To this add a small amount of citric acid crystals and the water will separate from the cottage cheese.)
  • Mash two bananas well and keep aside. To this add the blended liquid mixture and mix well.
  • Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and stir constantly.
  • Add water to get the desired consistency. You can also add low fat milk and then add cinnamon powder.
  •  Pour 1/4th of the mixture on a well-greased pan and let it cook well from one side before flipping.

  • Stack the pancakes and use any topping you want, fruits, nutella, butter or honey and enjoy.




This was my Sunday morning breakfast. On Sundays, I have a lot of time on my hand in the morning and I love trying new recipes then. Another recipe I tried a while back was a variation of French toast. Unfortunately, I didn’t click any pictures then; I’ll make them again this Sunday and remember to share it with you soon. That’s a perfect recipe and it was drop-dead gorgeous.
Do try the recipe if you love pancakes and are worried to eat them as it’s too caloricious!


Share:

0 comments