Don't let thy Hair fall!

Hola chicas,

Last when I visited home, I was having a lot of trouble with hair fall and it was scaring me. Every time I would run my fingers through my hair, it would always come back with few strands of hair. It also looked like a mess. So like a little girl, I went crying to mommy about getting bald and like a mother, she took out her magic wand and gave me a solution. She had been using a home-made hair mask for her hair and suggested that I do the same. It’s a very simple pack and it doesn’t require a lot of efforts. Now, I’ve used the hair pack about 3-4 times and I’ve noticed considerable change in the quality of my hair as well.


Ingredients: 
  • Fenugreek (methi) seeds
  • Black cumin seeds (kala jeera)
  • Mustard oil

Procedure

1. Take fenugreek seeds and blend it to a fine powder in a small blender, this will take a little while as the seeds are hard. Make sure you grind them to a fine powder. Store the powder in an air-tight container. Repeat the same with the cumin seeds. 


 2. Whenever you want to apply the hair mask, soak one tablespoon (you can change the quantity as per your hair length, my hair reaches mid-back and this works for me) of fenugreek powder and one tablespoon of cumin seed powder in water for 3-4 hours. You can also soak it overnight if you want to apply it in the morning.



3. After soaking for a few hours, you’ll notice that the mixture has thickened and there’s hardly any water left. Before application, add a spoon of mustard oil and mix thoroughly. Brush your hair to remove any tangles and part your hair in 3 ways.

4. Take the required amount and apply well to your entire scalp and then through the length of the hair. Ensure that your entire hair is well covered with the mask. It’s a really messy mask so tie your hair in a loose manner in a knot and cover it with a shower cap so that it doesn’t create a nuisance. Keep it intact for a minimum of 30 minutes and then wash away with shampoo to get the oil off. The powder mixture is a little difficult to remove, so try removing it partially with water and then remove the rest away with your towel and comb.


Benefits
This was the hair mask and now I’ll share with you the benefits of individual ingredients.
  • Black cumin seeds help in hair growth stimulation by strengthening the hair follicles which results in strong hair roots. It’s also used to reverse balding symptoms.
  • Fenugreek seeds help in controlling hair fall, making the hair manageable, curing any scalp infections. It also strengthens hair and makes it thicker and shinier. It also helps in premature greying of hair.
  • Mustard oil has similar helpful features as that of Fenugreek seeds and together it combines and gives the desired effect to the hair follicles to prevent hair fall.



Another major reason for hair fall is not combing your hair enough, do comb your hair before washing your hair as it’ll reduce hair fall while you shampoo it. I’ve used the hair mask a few times now and I can say that it does reduce hair fall considerably. If you’re allergic to mustard oil, replace it with coconut oil. It’ll have the same effect. 
Do try it and share your experience with me. 

Share:

0 comments